Selected project examples
Market entry study for the hydrogen production and operation of a hydrogen filling station, Germany
A municipal utility was examining the construction of a hydrogen production plant and connected hydrogen filling station as a demonstration project for integrated energy. As an energy hub, this location offered great potential for integrating the electricity, mobility, and gas sectors. Fichtner drew up a generation, offtake and infrastructure concept that matched energy supply to demand. To this end, a number of plant and purchase concepts were first developed, economically evaluated and agreed with the client to then decide on the preferred option. In addition, Fichtner advised the client on possible funding sources.
- Identification of potential customers and development of supply scenarios
- Conceptual design of the electrolysis plant and the hydrogen filling station
- Economic evaluation of the developed concepts
- Possibilities for financial backing
- Plant configuration planning